What's new

New Tron 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition Review, kinda. (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Well I was looking for a copy of Rez on the PS2 last night the local Supercenter and found a copy of Tron 20th CE. I bought it without thinking twice and I am glad I did! I told the guy after I had bought the movie that they broke the street date and he asked what it was and told him the 15th and he checked his list and immediately went over and packed the disc back up, but I left with mine in tow.

I also own the original DVD release and I am here to say the old release looks like crap compared to the new version! In the sound department I think they could have done a bit better, as the mix seems to be just more natural sounding than the old DVD. The new menus are some of the best out there, really cool stuff. All in all I would say if you like the movie Tron buy this disc, even if you have the old version. I haven't gotten around to the special features yet, but hope to do that soon.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Kelley!

Tron is one of my favorite movies,& I am glad that Disney is finally giving it the DVD treatment that it deserves. Only a few more days...

Mike Russell

Agent
Just curious if anyone in my area has seen this disc out before street date? I am defenitely going to pick it up anyway, but it would be nice to watch it this weekend. I am going to check my local "superstore" and see if they have it. I will report my findings.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Can't wait to pick this DVD up. I loved Tron and just to hear David Warner is just makes it even nicer. I will oddly pick this up durning my field trip to Circle Centre Mall next week.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
The local "Supercenter" has stock here as well; there were about a half-dozen copies for $19.96 on the shelf. I'm getting ready to watch the disc as we speak...the menus do kick ass.
Is anyone interested in the original DVD release? I know someone whose copy is for sale. :D

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Tomorrow is the day! I've been waiting on this one for a while. I'm glad I resisted buying the older version on DVD. I may go by the local Wal-Mart today to see if they accidentally put a few out early.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Just finished watching the new TRON!!!
It's been a while, infact I had forgotten a lot of it.
The menus are FANTASTIC!!!! You are going to love it.
The transfer ranges from fantastic to good, but I guess it's the best this film has ever looked since the theatrical release.
I have nothing to compare to, but on the whole, pretty good.
Did notice some light grey bands across the screen in the latter half of the film.
The audio is a delight, again, I don't know how it sounded originally, but all speakers get a work-out and the bass is deep, crank this baby up!!! Expect some dialogue from your rears. Overall, a very nice sound mix.
Haven't had time for the extras yet
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks