New Trek animated series coming to the Web?...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The following was posted at Trek Movie....

http://trekmovie.com/2006/12/13/cbs-...d-trek-series/

I would prefer them to do regular 1/2 hr animated shows. But, instead of focusing on one ship or crew. Have episode(s) based on different times and parts of the Federation. For example have an episode set on the Enterprise with Capt.Archer or a Klingon warbird set in Picard's time.

It could be used to give a better ending to the Enterprise series than what we got. And using the real actors voices has got to be cheaper than doing live action.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I like the pitch for this. Going forward is the way to go.

I always felt that each incarnation of TREK should go forward, and one of the reasons that they don't is lack of imagination, so they keep going "back" instead.

Frankly, I wish something like this was the concept for the new movie (or live series).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I always thought the idea of a Trek anthology-type show is the way to go. Different characters, different stories, none of them have to be related on a weekly basis. Something where the audience doesn't need to watch every week to follow the story, but with enough continuity (to the anthology and to the franchise) where long time fans can point and say "Hey! I remember that!". Cuts down on cast salaries, you can have fairly big named guest stars...

Heck, if they did this as animation, I'd be happy too...provided it was well done.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23