What's new

New toys, ebay and are people nuts??? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My son has two loves right now..Pixar's Cars and Justice League. Mattel puts out toys for both. For Car's they have diecast cars like Hot Wheels. And for Justice League they have the 4" figures. Now, with new releases they are hard to find and you can't believe the prices they are charging on ebay. For example after the first batch of Cars diecasts they released 4 new ones. I haven't seen them in the stores. But, apparent their are dozens of each one up daily and commanding prices up to 10 times as expensive. For example one car should retail for $3.95. Is being sold for $30-40. They are all saying they are rare and out of stock. Not being one to get crazy and pay even $10 for one. I called Mattel to see if they are a discontinued item. The rep says no they are new and are slowing being released. So in a few weeks to a month they will be out there. Which is like the first batch. I was able to get all the original batch of cars except one. The one car was selling for over $20 on ebay. Just happen to be a Toys R Us when they got their shipment. Looked in the box and saw one...Paid $2.99. Now, they are more common.
Same goes with the Justice League figures. People are paying 3 to 4 times the cost for figures that will be more common in a month. I guess either people don't care, want it now or don't know they are not out of production.

:rolleyes

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Happens ALL the time for anything new and popular...no big deal..it's easy money for many folks since there are suckers born every minute of the day who will buy them.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have to blame Mattel to an extent. I have been to my local Wal-Mart, Target & Toys R Us. And none of them have any of the cars. Target didn't even have anything from Cars. I spoke to the toy person there. She said they have a couple of displays for Cars ready to go..but, no product. So I think Mattel really dropped the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks