New Total Movie mag is out - LotR story in it! - Disc will contain a family TV-film

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Dec 1, 2001.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I saw the new issue of Total Movie & Entertainment on the shelf at Borders yesterday. It has Susan Ward of Shallow Hal as the main feature story. Lord of the Rings is a prominant article as well.
    Their website doesn't show the exact cover, but here's the main cover image, altered for their website:
    [​IMG]
    The disc this time will have the usual 30-odd trailers, a few shorts and music videos (one is a "new" one from Enya...is it LotR related perhaps?).
    This time the free full-length feature on the flip side is a 1998 TV movie starring Lesley-Anne Down called Young Hearts Unlimited. Corbin (L.A. Law) Bernsen also stars.
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0131656
    Thought you guys would want to know!

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Hmmm, I wonder if I'll receive this. I subscribed for a year with the old TMM, got the four issues, and received the first issue of the new version...

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I subscribed to the old magazine and received 3 issues, but have not received one issue of the new magazine. How do I go about trying to get them to fulfill my subscription from the old magazine?

4. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Steve, I'm in the same boat as you. I ASSUME this issue that David saw at Borders should be the last one we get because our initial subscription was for 6 issues, and this will be the 6th issue of our subscription, if we get it.

David, did the magazine say what other music video is on it? I heard there was going to be a Barenaked Ladies vid on it, and I was wondering if there is (and which one, if you know). Thanks.

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Why do these keep showing up in stores BEFORE coming in the mail??? I subscribed when this magazine started and I re-subscribed when they had the relaunch, but I'm gonna be pissed off waiting for it to come when I could've just gone and bought it!

6. David Lambert

I do recall Barenaked Ladies and I think K.D. Lang, and a 4th one unless I was drunk at the time.
    I think the reason the mag hits stores first is to give them more time to produce the disc. Or 'cuz they're a bunch of freakass wusses...take your pick! [​IMG]
    I also assume I'll get this in the mail soon, and that I won't get any more after this one "completes my original subscription" (though technically they owe me another one after that, but I don't expect to get it. long story).
    As to getting them to honor your old subscription, I wrote to "[email protected]".
    Cheers,

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Now that I think about it, I bought the first issue of TMM on the newsstand and then subscribed. I think they owe me two more issues... [​IMG]

8. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Thanks for the confirm on BNL, David. Love their music/videos. My luck - it'll be one of the three I already have on DVD, or it'll be different and I won't get the magazine in the mail. [​IMG]
    I was told to expect the issue to reach subscribers around mid-January.

9. Shane Gralaw

Shane Gralaw Second Unit

I tried a new subscription and they charged my CC in late September and still no magazine. I tried calling them twice but always get the "the mags in the mail" line. Now I'm going to miss seeing a crappy TV movie too? Oh the humanity.

10. David Lambert

Shane...ROFL. You sure this isn't a can't-miss feature? [​IMG]

11. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Yeah, I just saw the magazine in the stores but once again without the disc- guess when it finally shows up in my mailbox it'll at least have the disc!