New Toshiba xxHX81 HDTV's -- where to buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Duane H, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Duane H

Duane H Agent

The new Toshiba xxH81 TV's are available now or will be soon at Best Buy, the usual internet vendors, etc. However, I've noticed that very few, if any, of these same vendors will be carrying the xxHX81 sets. If true, where will one be able to purchase these higher-end models? Thanks.

2. PascalC

PascalC Agent

3. JohnHN

JohnHN Stunt Coordinator

This is only somewhat helpful but: go to the Toshiba website and look up who in your area carries their cinema series. The hx81s are in the cinema series. Here in St Louis, I was told no earlier than September.
    ------------------

4. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

The xxH81 and xxHX81 are both in the Cinema Series.
    I think the HX are going to be tough to find. They will probably end up in high-end home theater only stores. I can't see any reason that mass merchants (Sears, Best Buy etc.) will carry anything besides the xxH81.
    JohnNH; who have you talked to in St. Louis that says they will get the XXHX81's in?
    [Edited last by Dave Beebe on July 31, 2001 at 09:49 AM]

5. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

"The xxH81 and xxHX81 are both in the Cinema Series."
    Dave,
    All the information I have seen has the xxH81 as the standard model and the xxHX81 as Cinema Series, very similar to the currentTheaterView xxH70 and TheaterView Cinema Series xxHX70 models. Do you have any informaion to show that this will not be the case with the xxH81 and xxHX81?
    ------------------
    Dan

6. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

the "X" in the model # indicates it is Cinema Series, hence the 65HX81 is a Cinema Series set while the 65H81 is not.

7. JohnHN

JohnHN Stunt Coordinator

>> who have you talked to in St. Louis that says they will get the XXHX81's in?
    Cohen's currently carries the Cinema line and claims that they will get the new ones. The estimate I gave came from them.
    The Toshiba Web site also lists Goedekers. Finally Home Cinema Design can order the Cinema line and does ISF.
    ------------------

8. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

My bad. I thought the Cinema series was anything 16x9.
    Thanks for the info JohnHN on who is getting them in. I was worried that finding a brick and mortar store with the HXs would be tough.