new Toshiba A series tvs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ThomasL, Jun 17, 2001.

1. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

I see that bestbuy.com's web site now lists the 32A41. Does anyone know when the new line of Toshiba direct views will be out? I was in Best Buy this weekend and didn't see anything new. In fact, it seems that both the DVD and TV areas are a little barren, at least in the store I was in.
    thanks,
    --tom

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

What are you looking for exactly? The 32A41 for instance, is already shipping.
    Actually, there are several 2001 models already shipping, but they haven't been officially announced yet and as such, I have almost no real information on them. Just quick 'overview' specs.
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Just curious to know the changes between the 2000 and 2001 models in the A series, and what new models will there be? e.g. will there be a new 32AX61 or 32A61? I guess I will wait till Toshiba puts some information on their web site.
    cheers,
    --tom

4. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

There is a 32AX61. Our store should have them in a couple weeks. We still have 32AX60's.
    ------------------
    Jeff Whitford
    Hometheater Guru

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Many of the new sets are sporting a new silver cabinet design. The term 'faux flat' has been used to describe the look. Part numbers that I know about so far are:
    13A21
    14AF41
    20AF41
    24AF41
    27A41
    27AX61
    27AF41
    27AF61
    32A41
    32AF41
    32AFX61
    36A41
    36AF41
    36AFX61
    A=Analog
    F=Flat
    X=Cinema Series
    41=No PIP
    51=Single tuner PIP
    61=Dual tuner PIP
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics

6. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

I was in a local Best Buy last night and they did have the 32A41 displayed and in stock. It looks pretty much identical to the 32A40 model. Same menu structure, very similar looking (identical?) tube (there was a 32A60 next to it). Does anyone know what is new on these sets?
    They also had a 20AF41 which I mentioned in another thread. The only problem I saw with this tv is that they've put a 'reset' button on the remote. This sets the user settings back to the factory defaults. Why include this directly on the remote? It seems completely unnecessary and a real danger if your signifcant other and/or kids like to play with remotes. To quote an old Saturday Night Live skit, "who were the ad wizards that came up with this one?" [​IMG] I hope that isn't going to become a standard remote feature on their new line of flat tubes.
    cheers,
    --tom