1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

New Toshiba 50HDX82 arrival.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Seth_R, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Seth_R

Seth_R Auditioning

My Toshiba RPTV was delivered yesterday! My first big screen television! I tried my best to follow the primer and get everything setup for the initial warm-up of the CRTs. The factory contrast was set to 100 (ack!), so I lowered to down to a more conservative 30. Wow, what a difference from my little 27" RCA TV. The quality is like night and day!

I purchased a progressive scan DVD player to add to the experience, and set up the following:
    -Output to 16:9
    -Dolby 5.1 out to receiver
    -DTS out to receiver
    -SVM off for the TV
    -3:2 pulldown enabled via Film in the TV

The only question I was for pic size:
    Pic size is set to FULL for my attempt at correct anamorphic WS display (I thought it would be NATURAL, but that produced side bars even on Widescreen content). The description for FULL says, however, that the "picture is non-uniformly enlarged" which kind of worries me. Am I doing this correctly?

-Seth

2. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

Congrats on the 50HDX82 I have had my 57HDX82 for about 2 weeks now and am In total bliss every time I sit down in front of it.

Dave Poehlman gave me some advise... in this thread

3. Seth_R

Seth_R Auditioning

Thanks for the info, Chris! I'll check out your links to make sure I'm doing everything right.

To answer your question, I picked up the Sony DVP-NS715P for $149 at Best Buy. Cheaper than some, but great reviews.

-Seth