What's new

New Tool in January? (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Has anyone heard anything about a new Tool album in January? Some say its confirmed, others say it's a rumor...

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I had heard a while ago they were making an album, other than that I know nothing.

If we get another album I'll buy it.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Me too Joe. A new album by Tool is an automatic purchase for me. Only other bands I can say that about anymore is Pearl Jam. And APC of course.

For whatever its worth, I was poking around the net looking for info on this, and there's another rumor that a live DVD is coming by Christmas. Not likely IMO, but it would be cool.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I know that they're in the studio, but I haven't heard anything about January. Count me in as soon as it is released.

There have been rumours about a live DVD for quite some time now, I believe that they recorded the last few shows on the Lateralus tour and were going to edit them together, but I haven't heard anything substantive for some time now. Count me in for this as well.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Damn I'm craving some new Tool. A Live DVD would be a great thing for us Tool fans. I've seen them five times and they never cease to amaze me. If you've never seen Danny Carey's live Triad solo then you're missing out.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
they're confirmed to be playing coachella and the official site says the album has been mastered to I would say it's coming pretty soon. my guess is april. even if the disc is ready to go now they need some time to get the promotional machine running at full speed.

Miles

Second Unit
Now we just have to pray that there'll be a hi-rez version... the last couple CD have sounded great, but I'd love to have a DVD-A or SACD version of any of them...

Kevin T

Screenwriter
release date may 2, 2006 according to the toolband.com website. tracking list:

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

your hunger for tool shall soon be sated, mark.

kevin t

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Album cover art now available:

:emoji_thumbsup:

The revised logo and album name won't be printed on the final cover design (as shown above); it was added by Amazon for informational purposes only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks