What's new

New Tomb Raider...I'm still underwhelmed. (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Graphically, the models and environments look just fine, but the game currently has some pretty serious camera problems that occasionally prevent you from seeing the action at all. Also, the game's graphics are really quite jagged, giving the game the look of a much earlier PlayStation 2 game in some spots. Hopefully both of these problems will be worked out before the game is released.
...hopefully? ...before it's released?

How friggin' long have they been working on this?!!?

Like the overwhelming majority, I thought the original T.R. was incredible. One of the several reasons I justified my "slightly" excessive time spent playing games on the original Playstation. (a recent divorce helped too!)

I even thought the 2nd incarnation was pretty good too. The Opera House was one of my favorite levels, even though it was a bitch to figure out!

The next 3 T.R. games simply milked the last remaining life out of the series, if you ask me. Each one less spectacular than the 1st two; and in the end, the series just seemed to be "tired".

I'll admit that even though I hardly ever touch my ps2 anymore, I was kinda holding out that...maybe...once again there would be a cool Tomb Raider game.

How many years has this been in development and they're still at the "serious camera control problem" point, and "jagged graphics that look like an old ps2 game"? I even think I remember reading a mini-preview, last year at E3 time, and the consensus was that it was the "same old gameplay".

*sigh* Ahh well...Doom 3, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Brute Force, Fable, MGS3, ect...

Lara who? Link Removed

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I quit midway through TR2--at some part where there was a raft in the middle of a big cavern--and I haven't been interested in TR since then. The first game was great, but the interest just isn't there any more. I'll download the demo, but I'm not excited about it at all.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Thats too bad. Tombraider II got me hooked on gaming and I agree, each one got a little more tired. I was hoping for this new Tombraider to breathe some new life into the series, I mean its a year late or something ridiculous.

I'll check out the demo...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks