What's new

New to this audio video stuff (1 Viewer)

IanV

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
A couple weeks ago I started a new job doing HT and whole house audio. I originally wanted to do car audio about a year ago, and went to a school called acoustic edge institute. That school got me into HT and it seems as if there is more money towards it. And plus I get to deal with the big cool stuff. I have just been to the cedia meet in denver and I really want to get into all the home automation stuff. I am only 18 and I really want to make something out of it in the future. Any tips and tricks I should know about of the trade?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Ian, welcome to HTF!

Good call going into home automation, there's far more possibilities in this market than in car audio. If you are serious about this career I would look into getting CEDIA Certification, and also a Business Degree. Combine these two with a good personality and an honest approach to your customers, and you'll be well on your way. Don't rush into the career, take your time and follow a path through school. With the tough housing market in the US it may be a few years before things turn around and give the HT market another huge boost.

Cheers

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ian,

Welcome to HTF. We hope you make this your new home.

IanV

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
For home automation, would I have to have a electrician license or can I make it by with just the cedia certification?

IanV

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
thanks so much. I can already tell this will be one long process. But im in for the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks