What's new

New to the Home Theater receiver, question ! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Ho

Grip
Hello all,

I have been a individual living in the past with my 2 x 50w Sony receiver up until a couple weeks ago. I purchased a Outlaw Audio 1050 receiver and was not impressed with it's 2 channel capability in playing music. Running Surround sound in movies seem to be nice, but on regular audio it seemed kind of light. I hook up my old Sony receiver for music and it's nice and full sounding again.

My question to you all that have experience with these Home Theater receivers, is there a brand out there that delivers good quality ( warm sounding bass and not at ear piercing levels) sound in 2 channel mode where you can turn the sub on if you want, and Home Theater surround 5.1 , or 6.1 ? Now it seems like the newer receivers have a Large and Small setting and with the Outlaw you have to have the Main front speakers on Small in order for the sub to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm receiving another Outlaw in the next week and will try it one more time. Talked to a friend that has the RXV (don't know if that is correct)Yamaha surround receiver and said that his last 2 channel Yamaha receiver sounded better when playing music.

Any help will be appreciated,

Jeff

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Marantz receivers are famous for their musicality in 2-channel mode. i highly recommend their entire line, although there have been some issues with the x200 receiver lines (excluding the 8200). i think Marantz recently announced that they have resolved the problem, but search this forum for discussions on the topic and see for yourself.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I would give a recommendation for the Denon lines starting with model 3802 and up. The B&K receivers have been reviewed as having a nice 2 channel sound as well.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks