What's new

New to subwoofers (1 Viewer)

Andrew:S

Grip
Ok, Im headed to my local audio store tonite to get:

2x Optical Digital Audio cables ( DVD and Xbox)
1x Coaxial Digital Audio Cable (Digital Cable)
2x High-Grade Component Cables
1x Y Subwoofer RCA Cable

Good?

Greg->G

Agent
Andrew:S,

I don't think you need a Y Subwoofer RCA Cable. Just a normal RCA cable with one connector on each end should be sufficient. Check out the manual that came with your SVS. If you just hook it up to either the left or the right on the subwoofer, it will be fine. No need to split the signal.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,

Since you've got some digital cables now, I would re-check the setup on both of your reciever and dvd player... Make sure the sub output on both receiver/dvd player is turned on, and also turn on digital output on dvd player... hope this help...

Al,

Andrew:S

Grip
Ok I turned on the sub, made everything work, and movies sound great.

But, when I put in my DVD of the Matrix I couldn't choose anything other than Dolby Digital 2 Channel, while I get Dolby Digital EX 5.1 When I put Black Hawk Down in?

Does the Matrix just not have good sound? Did I accidentally buy some "bad" version?

Also, when I play a burned music CD from the DVD player, the sound either comes out stereo or mono (center). Is there a way to make it play through all channels?

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,

Since no one here responds... let me get a crack at this... On the Matrix movie menu option, select setup or audio option... and choose dolby 5.1... That should does it... Sometime, dvd movies have their default audio at dolby stereo, you just have to select the right audio format for yourself...

Regarding burned CDs, most sound format is on stereo/2ch mode. You won't be able to hear those songs through all multi channels (you might hear some stimulated sound from the surrounds). I have some songs that are in DTS format, those will play through all channels... I guess you have to find songs that are ripped in multi channels format (ex: DTS 5.1, dolby 5.1...)

Hope this help... Long day at work, just done watching the Lakers... got a few beer in me... hope I make sense ;)

Al,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks