What's new

New to Projectors, Have purchasing questions (1 Viewer)

Bob Elliott

Agent
I am setting up a home theater in my living room. I completely remodeled my house after a fire and I thought this would be a good time to set up the theater. I have a in-wall speaker system set up with JBL Northridge series speakers and a 12" powered sub. I have what I call a "tray ceiling" vaulted ceiling in the living room. I also have wood floors so it wis probably going to be loud in there.

Anyway I am thinking about mounting a projector in the vaulted ceiling and projecting it against the opposite wall. I'll try and include a picture. I am looking at a Optoma H76 right now. I would like remote zoom and focus and the projector would have to have capabilities to adjust out keystone images. What do you guys know about Optoma projectors?

How do you insert a picture? I tried and don't know how.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Get the url (link) for your pic and use the "IMG" button when posting your reply. Or if the pic is large then use the "http://" button and provide us with the link to it.

LouAR

Stunt Coordinator
Watch for your throw distance. I just got an entry level FP and chose everything to avoid zoom and keystone as these may affect overall image quality.

Good luck!
~ Lou ~ :D FP - WOW!!! :D

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor

Sorry about the fire. Something like that happened to me once. First the fire gets you, then the insurance adjusters try to screw you. "That's impossible, you can't possibly have $3000 worth of books." So I sent him to the college book store. 'nuff said.

I am thinking of putting in-wall speakers up myself. I checked out the Northridge speakes. All I can find is regular bookshelf speakers. Did you just embed them in the wall, or are they made specifically for in-wall mounting? It is really hard to know what to do because you can't really audition in-wall speakers at home.

How much was the Optoma? I want to get a FP also.
Thanks

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
I guess my first question would be, why are you looking at a projector that isn't readily available and is for all intents and purposes, obsolete.
I've seen a couple postings from people who have seen it but no real reviews.
This thing has been announced since last spring.
Projectors have made huge advances since then, especially in connectivity options.
My suggestion would be to look around more.
Just my 2 centavos.

Bob Elliott

Agent
I am new to the projector thing. I am getting into HT install and can get a good price on the Optoma unit.

Daniel: The speakers are in-wall and in ceiling. They look like car speakers when they are installed. Go to www.jbl.com and check out HTI series.

Where are you located? I am in Santa Cruz, CA. E-mail me and maybe I could help you with the speakers.

Bob

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor

Oooooo, so nice.
I am in Florida, but thanks for the help. For now, I think I will paint my speakers to match the walls. I am installing Bass Shakers soon, then it is time for the projector. The in-wall speakers will come later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks