New to HT, need suggestion.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geoff MK, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Geoff MK

Geoff MK Extra

I am moving to a larger house and thinking of setting up a HT. The room is 20 x 15 and it opens to the dinning area and to another room. I am thinking about getting the following components:
    Left/Right/Surround: EdgeAudio 512D-LR (new version of 502D)
    Center: EdgeAudio 512D-C
    Subwoofer: Hsu Research VTF-2
    A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-2802
    DVD Player: Toshiba SD-5700
    Television: Toshiba 57H81 RPTV
    I am also considering the Adire Rava and the SVS 25-31 PC for the subwoofer. I need you guys to give me some suggestions and/or comments on my setup.
    Thanks
    Geoff

2. Jon_R

Jon_R Stunt Coordinator

I was going to suggest the 3802, but after looking at the specs the 2802 is damn good. Looks like you have made fine choices. Have you demoed lots of speakers and have settled on the EdgeAudio, or are there other reasons? It sounds like, barring some SO disapproval or $$ shortage, you are good to go.
    Enjoy,
    Jon

3. Anthony Stephan

Anthony Stephan Stunt Coordinator

Agreed.
    If you are new to this, you have certainly done a fine job of figuring out what you want.
    Like Jon, I would ask what reasons drove you to Edge Audio.
    I would also say that SVS is a fine product and exceptional value.

4. Geoff MK

Geoff MK Extra

I demoed some of the 5.1 system speakers, like the Energy Encore, Enrgy Take 5.2, PSB Alpha Intro series, Boston VR-M, and the Jamo Essential. But I would like to also demo the NHT Super series and the Ascend Acoustics CBM 170. I also demoed all the subwoofers included in the systems mentioned above. My friend has an EdgeAudio system and they are pretty nice, I think they offer more performance for the money. I haven't demoed the VTF-2 or the SVS but they both offer a trial period so I think I can try them in my house. Thanks for your opinion.
    Geoff