What's new

New to HT ideas on speakers (1 Viewer)

Jay_Sickoll

Auditioning
I'm setting up a modest HT in my home. My living room is 15deep 12 wide and 7'6" ceiling. I'm only concerned with movies I never listen to music in the house. I was thinking about JBL E80 w/ec35 and E30's for surround E20 for rear, I already have an E150P for a sub. I may upgrade that later but not for a while. I have a Pioneer VSX-8>>> I can't remember the number I'll fill it in when I get home. I love DTS movies and wish to obviously get the best sound possible with the least investment. I'm not that knowledgable in HT as I'm just starting out. My budget is comparable to what I'd spend on the above listed. Thanks for all your help and I'll try to give all the information I can, if needed.

I have a room that is a little bigger than yours and a similar JBL setup, and I am very happy with it. I've got E60 mains, EC25 center, E10 surrounds, and an E250 sub, so most of mine are one step down, except for the sub. My system definitely provides enough volume for the room.

But the most important criterion is whether you personally like the sound of the speakers. You have to audition them in the store at least (and preferably in your home, although I was unable to do that). For example, I tested some Infinity speakers that I really didn't like, and I tried several other models as well. They weren't necessarily bad speakers, but they didn't deliver the kind of sound I liked. Speakers are a very personal thing (although I read it a dozen times on this forum, I thought it was crap until I auditioned several speakers).

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks