What's new

New to Hi-Def audio.... question.... (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Just purchased a Pioneer DV-563A. Got two titles at the Best Buy, 3 Doors Down (SACD) and The Black Album (DVD-A). Wanted to get one of each format. I have to say they are amazing!! (through a Denon 1403 and Athena Audition speakers).

However, I am looking for more titles. Right now, I'm looking for some to engage my better half in this a little bit more. She'd be looking for Sara Brightman or Evanesence on either format. Can anyone tell me if they are out and where I can purchase them. Preferable a B&M store.

Also, is there a site (I seem to recall reading it here) that keeps a list of all titles out on each format. A seach turned up 50% of the post on the site.

Thanks for any help!!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
And the great thing about these sites is you can go weeks without having any new titles announced to read about. Really cuts down on the surfing time.

(My SACD player is lonely)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member

I'm sure that this is because all the hi-res labels are working feverishly in their studios & mixing rooms, preparing huge batches of much-loved titles steeped in musical legend, stacked to the ceiling. And of course, these titles all based on what we've been publicly asking for rather than what the bean counters want. Then after a multi-million dollar six week radio/TV/print ad campaign promising "something extraordinary" featuring Meg Ryan and Brad Pitt as spokespeople, they are then going to have a loud & glitzy release extravaganza that CNN, MSNBC, E! and VH1 will all carry live (with a five second delay of course). Stores will then pull back the ?-covered curtains on their full-fledged hi-res/surround demo systems and hidden stashes of hi-res players that feature full & proper bass management systems (nah, don't want to promise something unrealistic).

Then us early-adopters will no longer be sneered at by all those "sensible" people out there & spontaneous clapping will break out upon seeing us wherever we go.

The End

P.S. wake me up when Sgt. Pepper, Moving Pictures and Radiohead all come out in 5.1 form. Thank you.

:)

LJ

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
LanceJ,

For a taste of what Pepper will be like, check out the Antholoy DVDs. There is a full 5.1 mix of a A Day In The Life that is stunning.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks