What's new

New to HDTV (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
This weekend I entered the world of HDTV. My Mits 48" 48413 RPTV was delivered on Saturday and on Sunday Comcast hooked up the HDTV cable box.

All I can say is WOW! I started with a movie on HBO HD and then later in the day (night) watch the Sunday Night Baseball game on ESPN HD. Even though I am a Yankees fan watching the Red Sox in HD gave me jitters like when I saw a game for the first time when I was a kid. I wish ESPN would broadcast all of thier games in HD. Also watched some off the NBA Finals.

This is going to be the best baseball season yet, regardless if the Yanks dont win it all. That HD broadcast just brings TV watching to a whole new level. Now, if the YES network would just broadcast in HD...

One thing I noticed is that even the HD channels like cbs, nbc, abc, and espn still do not have a lot of HD material. I guess thats changing every day.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

All that payroll and they can't even broadcast in HD? Jeez, what a half-assed outfit! :D Even the lowly non-championship winning Sox get all NESN home games in HD, along with the occasional national broadcast. Guess you'll just have to become a Sox fan!

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit

If they broadcast home games in HD I might have to think about that. I had no idea they did that, that is deinately one area where the Sox have the Yanks beat. That must be sweet to see that many games in HD. Who would have thought that the Yanks high payroll would leave no money for HD cameras/equipment :D .

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

NESN has an agreement through Comcast and another cable company with INHD. They broadcast all home Sox and Bruins games on INHD-2. It is available on Comcast in CT, because they always announce the channels to tune to in MA and CT.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I will keep an eye out, that would be cool to have all those games available. Too bad my former Red Sox fan roommate moved out recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks