What's new

New to Forum.. Is This A Good Setup?? (1 Viewer)

Chris Halter

Auditioning
I'm looking at picking up:

Klipsch
RF-7(2)
RC-7(1)
RS-3(2)
RF-25(2)

I have the Denon AVR 2805 and the new 1920 HDMI DVD.

What do ya think? What subs (2 12's) would best suit this combo?

Thnaks alot guys Chris Halter

ConorJ

Grip
Without giving a price range its hard to give a definite recommendation but considering your speaker choices I'm guessing a $1200 sub isn't out of reach so I'll recommend the SVS PB12-Plus/2.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yep, need to know budget?

There are solid solutions out there from less than $300 (Qty2 Parts Express $138 12"), to the sky is the limit.

Are your goals to literally scare people at true reference type levels? If so the room size will have a lot to do with choices as well.

I am of the opinion you can never have to much sub, the more headroom the better so the more $$$$$ thrown at the purchase the better. Get the best you can possibly afford.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
You might also want to consider an additional amp with those speakers. You'll be able to drive them with a 2805 but a little more horsepower up front will really make them shine. Depending on your space and budget, you might also want to look at the new Axiom 500 or 600 series subs.

Mort

John S

Senior HTF Member
In that budget, look to an SVS Dual 12", they have some B-Stock for like $799 right now. ($900 standard pricing)

$1500 is a great budget for a sub. An SVS PB12-Plus/2 runs $1200 for black, $1500 for the amazing wood finish of your choice and includes an amazing 900watt amp. I'll call this one best fit with budget.

On the insane, I suppose you could run two Velodyne 15" DLS5000R subs, more or less what I do. Structural damage capable sub-age for a little over $1K there.

I'm down on single 12" driver or smaller subs these days unless it is a very small room, as sub demands with modern DVD content has become pretty darn high. I mean even the modern THX trailers on so many DVD's is very very hard on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks