What's new

new to forum help needed in advance (1 Viewer)

Gary Liv

Auditioning
Real Name
gary livingstone
Hi and thanks for reading my cry for help I have purchased the following system PIONEER BCS212 5.1Ch 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System. Connections Connector Type 1 x HDMI output ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - rear 1 x audio line-in ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) - front 1 x USB 2.0 ( 4 PIN USB Type A ) - front 1 x Ethernet ( RJ-45 ) - rear 2 x HDMI input ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - rear 1 x SPDIF input ( TOS Link ) - rear 1 x composite video output ( RCA phono ) - rear 1 x component video output ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear 1 x audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear Awaiting delivery i am completely new to all this my question a i want to connect PS3 and Sky HD to this system I yes what cables would i be best purchasing alsoif not too cheeky could someone give a rough connection guide to have sound from the surround system. Again thanks for reading and a bigger thanks for responding

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Assuming the SkyHD has an HDMI output, the connections will be pretty straightforward.

HDMI from PS3 output to one of the HDMI inputs on the Pioneer.

HDMI from SkyHD output to the other HDMI input on the Pioneer.

HDMI from output on Pioneer to an HDMI input on your TV.

That's it! You're fortunate that the Pioneer system has two HDMI inputs. That keeps things very simple as HDMI carries both audio and video.

You will switch sources on the Pioneer system only. The TV will stay on whichever HDMI input you connect. You should also disable the audio on the TV to avoid any echoes with the Pioneer speakers.

Finally, don't get really expensive HDMI cables. The cables at www.monoprice.com or www.bluejeanscables.com are just fine. Cables at retailers are vastly overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks