New to Forum/BenQ or In Focus (Help please)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Joseph Giacomo, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Joseph Giacomo

First off hello everyone. I came across this forum while searching around for High Definition projectors. I am really getting into this and wish to make a purchase soon. So I need some advice.....
    I am looking at either the Screenplay 4805 or the BenQ 6100 or 6200. I would primarily be using it for DVD's and my X-Box. I don't have any immediate plans to watch HD television brodcasts at this time so thats not a factor right now in my decision. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!!......Joseph

2. Joseph Giacomo

First off hello everyone. I came across this forum while searching around for High Definition projectors. I am really getting into this and wish to make a purchase soon. So I need some advice.....
    I am looking at either the Screenplay 4805 or the BenQ 6100 or 6200. I would primarily be using it for DVD's and my X-Box. I don't have any immediate plans to watch HD television brodcasts at this time so thats not a factor right now in my decision. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!!......Joseph

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

There should be some reviews at www.projectorcentral.com for those projectors. That site also has a handy projector distance calculator. Either projector may not be any good for you if it won't work for your room size. [​IMG]

I assume DLP rainbows are not an issue, since both of them are DLP projectors. The Infocus 4805 might have a faster color wheel too, to reduce any rainbow artifacts. Anyone know?

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

There should be some reviews at www.projectorcentral.com for those projectors. That site also has a handy projector distance calculator. Either projector may not be any good for you if it won't work for your room size. [​IMG]

I assume DLP rainbows are not an issue, since both of them are DLP projectors. The Infocus 4805 might have a faster color wheel too, to reduce any rainbow artifacts. Anyone know?

5. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

The 4805's color wheel is indeed faster than the BenQs mentioned above. The 4805 provides an effective color wheel speed of 4x vs. the BenQ's 3x.

The BenQ 6200 does have a resolution advantage over the Infocus 4805, but the 4805 is superior in every other aspect of the provided picture (contrast ratio, deinterlacing, color purity, native 16:9 vs. 4:3, etc.)

BTW, Projector Central does *not* have a review up of the 4805 at this time, since it's only been shipping for about 10 days.

6. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

The 4805's color wheel is indeed faster than the BenQs mentioned above. The 4805 provides an effective color wheel speed of 4x vs. the BenQ's 3x.

The BenQ 6200 does have a resolution advantage over the Infocus 4805, but the 4805 is superior in every other aspect of the provided picture (contrast ratio, deinterlacing, color purity, native 16:9 vs. 4:3, etc.)

BTW, Projector Central does *not* have a review up of the 4805 at this time, since it's only been shipping for about 10 days.