What's new

New to DVDA and SACD- Got a few questions (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Second Unit
I currently purchased the pioneer 563A and have it hooked up to a Yamaha DSPA-1 through The receiver external 5.1 inputs- My first questions is I cannot get SACD to play multichanel- is there someting in the players menu I am missing- I said "yes" to all the available menu options (5.1, DTS etc) in setup. DVDA seems to work fine- all channels are playing (seems easier because you can navigate through the disc menus to select audio type)- which leads me to my second question: I was playing Queens "The Game" and it seems that either the song used the center channel or it doesn't- is this normal for DVD-A recordings? The first song clearly utilizes the center channel but then the next few songs don't ( all include lead vocals of some type). Thirs the subwoofer seems active but not sure if much bass is coming out- I know this has been covered before- but was just wondering because the reciever is a few years old. sorry for all the questions- any input appreciated.
Tim

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Give this a read:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...22#post1800722

As for SACD, I think the player has a menu choice for SACDs. It has settings for CD, 2CH SACD, and MC SACD. It may default to CD.

My Pio 45a has those settings; not sure about the 563.

And yes, authoring is all over the map. Some titles use the center, some don't, so use the .1, some don't. There are no standards.

You will probably need to dial in some boost of the .1 channel. If the receiver allows it on the 5.1 inputs, then that is where to do it. If not, what some users do is tweak the channel levels in the player such that the sub is +6 and the mains are -4.

There is some discussion in the FAQ about that.

BGL

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
For the 563, go into "Initial Settings" and find the Options tab...from there, select SACD Playback and then select the "Multi-Ch Area" tab. That will allow multichannel SACD playback. 2-ch SACD is the default...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks