1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

New to CRT.....questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by lee jordan, Dec 31, 2001.

1. lee jordan

lee jordan Auditioning

Thinking of purchasing a refurbished Crt (Barco 808 or etc),wanting it to perform for HDTV but not sure what is needed in additional equip to accomplish this, I'm told that all is needed is a line doubler like DVDO and another dealer mentioned something called a PD-1000 which he says is a DVD player with rates up to 1600 x 1200 (whatever that means). Can someone give me some advice for dummies? Thanks, also any recommendations of sellers.

2. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I own a Marquee 8000 CRT PJ and I love it! I just have my DVD player running through a line doubler and the image is great but I can tell that if I get a HTPC I can really push this puppy to a film-like image.
    Go here for CRT advice... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
    This Forum is fantastic but the AVS Forum speacializes in projectors. Send out a message to Curt Palme, he refurbishes and sells CRT's out of Western Canada. He has a great reputation on the Forum and has also helped me out with advice in the past. If you have any questions just let me know...
    Mike