New To Craigslist As Seller- How Do I Proceed?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by James Edward, May 20, 2006.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

May 1, 2000
    I've got some excess stereo and AV equipment and have listed it on Craigslist so I can sell it locally. I received an e-mail from someone wanting to possibly make a transaction.

What is the best way to proceed? I don't know how comfortable I am having strangers come over and see what I have and where I have it. Do I verify who they are first, or just meet them somewhere? I assume these transactions should be cash only- is this correct?

I am not a paranoid person, but now realize that letting an enormous amount of people know that I have all these items at my home is giving me pause.

Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated. Thanks
  2. DerekForeal

DerekForeal Auditioning

Apr 5, 2006
    I have done a ton of buying and selling on craigslist and have never encountered one single problem. But thats just me.

If you feel very uncomfortable about strangers coming over to your house, just meet them at the closest main intersection to your house that has a gas station or convenience store. From there you can do 2 things....

1. If you feel comfortable enough with them, your house is only 1 minute away, you can take them there and show them your items for sale.

2. Bring your items to the meetup spot and do any transactions there. The only problem with selling stereo and AV equipment is, most people want to see or hear what they're buying... so it usually needs to be hooked up to something.

Hope this helps!