What's new

New Titanic MKIII drivers at PE.... (1 Viewer)

MikeSRC

Second Unit
For those who may have noted that some of the kits and drivers are not in stock, you can still get the free shipping when they're in stock if you order this weekend. I called PE to confirm this.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
George, Thinks for the link.
I sat and played around with WinSID again last night & I think I somewhat understand it. But heres my thing I'm just pluggin in the numbers for my sub & playing around with things like port length & diameter, & overall encloser volume just to try to get more familiar with it all. What I don't understand is how do you come up with a spicfic box volume & or tuning from nothing. In other words for example if I wonted to build a new encloser for the 15" MKIII & tune it to 16hz in a sono, what do I start with other than the obvious TS parameters for the sub.
Another thing I'm having trouble with is all the math in it. I SUCK AT MATH, & when everything is going from cm, to mm, to ft^3, to liters ext ext, I just can't keep up. And just so I'm correct ft^3 & in^3 is square feet for ft^3 & cubic feet for in^3 is this right? Dose anyone have a link for converting things like cm into inches & such?
Also for modeling an IB set up how do I go about it? Right now that is what I mainly wont to figure out as I will be building one soon. And I would like to see what the differnt outcomes would be between the Dayton DVC's, IB's, & the MKIII.
Thanks for any help & sorry for all the questions, I just wont to get this figured out so I can actley use it & know what I'm doing.

GeorgeJM

Agent
Joe, yeah, you start with the TS parameters. The funny thing about the changing measurements (ft/cm/inches, etc.) is that WinISD will do the conversion for you. Open up WinISD, and put in some number in for Box volume. Now click on the ft^3 area and it will change to another measurement basis, and the number will automatically be converted. Cool, huh?

I'm not real familiar with IB set ups, but I think the way you would use WinISD is to simply put in a LARGE box volume... like 9999 and check the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks