New TimeWarner Austin Cable Box

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAlletto, Oct 28, 2002.

1. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

2. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Can you record HD programs on it?

3. MikeAlletto

Not yet, the recorder that they have isn't their high def box although it supposedly supports it according to the Scientific Atlanta site. Time warner here doesn't carry much hd content anyways. You can only get hbo and showtime HD and thats it! Not even the local stations are carried on the TW feed.

4. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

I might need to look into one of those...

5. MikeAlletto

Hey Ross you just gotta call them up and then go in and pick it up. There is some stuff that doesn't work though. I can't get it to remember programs to record via the guide. It keeps thinking I want to record the current channel for 2 hours instead of the channel and time I selected. I can schedule manual times but then it doesn't label the recording with the show name. Its like the guide isn't synced into the recording features yet. I've got a tech support email into them. When you get a box let me know if you can go into the guide and just choose shows to record that way and if it works.
    edit:
    I just had a call from Time Warner asking me how I liked the new box. Which I thought was pretty cool, so I told him about my problems recording from the guide. He said I shouldn't be having that problem and to just reboot the box, so I did and it now works great! I did notice that when I first plugged it in it took over 10 minutes to initialize. But when I just rebooted it it only took about 20 seconds so I think something screwed up the very first time. Now its wonderful [​IMG]