What's new

New THX Trailer on Speed (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Is that a New THX trailer that appears on Speed The 5 Star Edition? I've never remember seeing it before. I Kinda Liked it !

Chris M

Second Unit
It's called THX-Grand. (slightly modified though)

Starts off with a sparkly sound, then a red shimmery picture. Within the red are the words "Best Picture. Best Sound" followed by "The Following is a THX Certified Feature"
Then red turns to blue, and it turns solid when the THX logo shows up on it.

Chris.

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
I remember that THX trailer from the opening weekend of Die Hard 2. LONG time ago. All I really remembered about it was the red "cloudy" stuff. It was cool though.

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
If I'm not mistaken that's one of their earliest THX trailers showing off 5.1 sound. I just haven't seen it in a really long time... (i could be wrong)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I almost boyght Speed yesterday, I might go buy it today just to check out the trailer. Oh, the movie is good too. I think I will watch that also.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
I believe Speed 2 has the cow THX trailer as well.....almost makes the extra $6 I paid for the set worth it!!

Chris M

Second Unit
Jason, yeah it does... the same one that Toy Story 1 or 2 had in the Toy Box.

Chris.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a butchered version of the original THX "Grand" trailer. They did this on the Twister DVD also with the altered THX "Cimmaron" trailer. Thumbs down.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Sorry to those of you who like it. (My girlfriend loves it too.), but I HATE that cow trailer. Oh, it's kind of cute, but not very impressive. I was very disappointed when I saw THAT in front of Episode II. I liked the one I saw in front of the SW Special Editions years ago. It was like you were on a journey to hell. It was great. :)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello all. This now gives me an excuse to finally buy Speed on DVD. The Grand trailer is pretty cool, but I still love Cimarron. Laserdiscs had a short version of it, but I would love to see the long version on DVD. Heck, whatever happened to Dolby trailers?!

Aaron Garman

Brett C

Second Unit
the THX trailer I think was on a lot of Paramounts laserdiscs thats on the Speed DVD.From what I remember anyway...

Chris M

Second Unit
Sounds like a butchered version of the original THX "Grand" trailer.
Butchered how? The only real dif is that instead of saying the theater is THX certified (which they can't do on DVDs since very few home theaters are), they say that the feature is certified. From what I can tell... this version of THX Grand and the original are EXACTLY the same.

Chris.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

All the THX trailers have been new spins on the same thing. If this is a butchering, the same could be said of the Simpson's trailer.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Are either one of these Speed THX intro's in EX or ES I mean are they flagged for EX/ES? I think I just found a reason to buy Speed 2.:D
Wes

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Sorry Im not familiar with all the names of the trailers, but theres a THX trailer I saw in front of Road to Perdition where the THX logo "breaks" and some repairman comes to fix it. Its kinda long, but cute. Is that one on any DVD?

YANG

Screenwriter
I like the new THX trailer in SPEED1 as well.Have not check on the MOO trailer of SPEED2.
Fresh new felling...
The best THX trailer that impressed me is the TERMINATOR 2 U.E.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Now that THX is an independent company and not a subsidiary of Lucasfilm, I imagine we'll be seeing some new trailers with the references to Lucasfilm found on previous trailers removed.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks