New Thundercat comic, anyone reading?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Jun 26, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Figured this would fit here since it's based on the TV series..

The original series was an anime animated show, sort of a hybrid, so I'd think this wouldn't be too off topic. But has anyone been keeping up with the new book? The first five issues where horrible, but explained away in the finall issue, giving it some value. I also hated the art in the first few books, Especially Issue 3, because I prefer books that match the toon exactly, while making them even more detailed.

However, "The Return" series is a step in the right direction. The art has improved IMMENSLY(sp), not only copying the look of the show, but giving it the detail and scale that matched the best animated episodes of the series. The Mutants are back, and are a tad bit more of a threat. No more comic releif there. Even Snarf is toned down, almost making him psychotic in nature in some scenes.

Even better, the villian Mumm-Ra finally won, wich adds an interesting twist. After your villian defeats the heroes, where do you go from there if he looses again?

If there truly is a new toon in the works, I hope it winds up on Adult Swim(For a bit more of the violence to be allowed back in, plus no morals needed), and that they get a good anime company to match the look of the comic book. Sigh... it's times like this I wish we had animation studios in the states, that whern't 3D centered, who can match the detail and care the Japanese artists give to their work...

(Admin note - thread moved)

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer