New Theater Pics

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by greg jones, Nov 14, 2001.

1. greg jones

greg jones Stunt Coordinator

I finally have some pictures of my newly redone theater. I am still working on some of the asthetic stuff (like ceiling covering above screen and side panels), but you can get the idea. I haven't had a chance to take some good pictures of my homemade armrests, but will have some within the next week.
    I'm most proud of my DIY 80"w x 46"h screen. For $15 in materials and about 30-45 minutes in construction, it's about the best that this amount of money can buy [​IMG].
    Let me know what you think. Sorry the pictures are sort of messed up. I borrowed a digital camera from the office and didn't know that someone had used it in the rain. Now you can see waterspots on the pictures. Plus, the screenshots don't do the picture quality justice. I'm most pleased with my Davis DL450 Clone (Viewsonic).
    Here's the link:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~gjones72
    ------------------
    Greg
    [Edited last by greg jones on November 14, 2001 at 03:50 PM]

2. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Pretty spiffy!
    Now that's one dedicated HT!
    Great job, and that DIY screen is splendid.
    How does your DIY 6.1 EX sound?
    Nathan
    ------------------
    "Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
    "Way to go Dallas!!!"

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Way to go, congratulations. I like to see the DIY stuff, llike your screen for instance.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

4. greg jones

greg jones Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the compliments. I really wish I could have had it completely done before I took some pictures.
    Unfortunately, this is a basement room in an apartment we rent, so I can't get TOO out of hand. I wish I could put a drop ceiling with fiber optic stars, but things like that tend to be more permanent than I or my landlords would like. Luckily, our landlords are quite lenient, allowing me to do as much as possible while still making it movable.
    Hopefully before Christmas I can get the ceiling finished and I'm planning on building a 4:3 screen for the Super Bowl and other important things off of satellite. I figure that since it's so easy and so cheap to build screens, why not.
    One thing that doesn't show up in the picutres is the edge lighting that I have around the front edges and side of the riser platform. It's amazing the results one can get from Christmas lights and X-10 lamp modules.
    ------------------
    Greg

5. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Excellent Work. [​IMG] [​IMG] I am convinced that a FP is the solution for my home theater. Looks like you put a lot of research and work into yours. Thanks for sharing.
    Jon