What's new

New Theater Photos (Stage, Soffit, Elec Screen, Rope Lights, Projector, etc.) (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Looks super!
dare I ask how much a matting system like that cost?
------------------
"And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Mario,
I have thoroughly enjoyed following the progress of your theater. I wish I had the space (and money) to do it. What a great job!!!
Regarding IR extenders, I use a basic recoton/Radioshack variety that costs about $40-$50 to get my signal behind my solid wood doors to my equipment (plenty of room for venting/air circulation for those about to ask).
I seat the transmitter next to the TV. The receiver is behind one door which is in front of the receiver. I then use a dual-emitter I bought from Smarthome for $10 and plug it into the receiver and then stick the emitter ends right over the sensor of my DVD player and CD player.
For your rack of equipment you may need more emitters, but I would assume you could make multiple splits, just don't know how quickly the signal can fade depending on length, etc.
Again, great theater, great site, great photos!!!

MarioC

Grip
Thanks to everyone for their response. I have to admit, I didn't know too much about home theaters before this year. These Home Theater Forums and other enthusiasts web sites have inspired and helped me tremendously. I hope my site can provide the same inspiration to someone else.
Chad I'm not sure how much the masking alone added, but the entire electric screen with electric mask was around $4000. I picked it up when there was a special going on.
Jeff - thanks for the info on the IR extenders. I do have the pyramids from Radio Shack. But for some reason my DVD player still isn't working effectively. Are you saying I can also use the dual-emitter to boost the signal?
Tim - Jeff is correct. Yamaha has their own version of 7.1 using what are called Front Effects speakers. Their supposed be high and to the outside. Not too much sound comes out of these, but it does provide some ambient sound. Unfortunately, my M&K tripoles are right against the wall.
I filmed some video last night. I'm hoping to do a quick edit and post it before the weekend or early next week. Stay tuned.
------------------
Mario Cascio
-------------------
My Home Theater
http://www.webpromotion.com/htp

Hey Mario,
The pics look great. You have a very nice setup there. I am planning to do something very similar with an extra bedroom I have, as soon as I push the back wall out about 8 feet.
What're the dimensions of your room? Did you run dedicated electrical circuits to it? Did you use anyhting special to block the light from the window completely, or did the blinds and the drop down screen do it all?
What kind of screen is it? And what size?
Thanks for the info!
Regards,
Chris
------------------
Christian A. Sonntag
"The world owes you nothing. Take responsibility for your own actions!"

MarioC

Grip
Christian,
Let us know when you start documenting your construction process. It's great to see what other people are doing.
The dimensions of the room are 11'8" by about 30' long. Although the love seat doesn't go all the way to the back of the room. I'd say it's about 18 to 20 feet back from the screen.
A dedicated circuit was run for the projector and the stereo components. An outlet was put into the ceiling right near the projector and another outlet on the back wall. However, since I moved the equipment off the stage, I may need to run an extension to reach the dedicated circuit.
I don't have room darkening blinds on any of the windows nor the skylight. It's watchable during the day however, it's incredible at night. I don't watch too much TV during the day anyways. The screen helps to block out the light from the back window. Ideally, I would have installed room darkening blinds though with an electric X10 controlled skylight blind. COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
The screen is a 96"x54" EM110HD Stewart Greyhawk - Electric screen and electric Masking.
------------------
Mario Cascio
-------------------
My Home Theater

Bob_Wilson

Agent
Your theater looks great! However, next time either color balance the lights or use color correction filters. Too much red in many of your pix. Of course you could also use Photoshop to make the correction and upload them to your web site.
------------------
Bob Wilson
Check out my web site Link Removed

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mario:
It looks great!
I was looking around on the Kenwood site and they have a couple of new remotes that are RF instead of IR. I am not sure but from what I was reading you can use it with all of IR stuff so you don't have to point directly at the equipment that you are using. If this is what happens with the remote it might work out better for you having the equipment off to the side, in a rack, and you wouldn't have to worry about pointing the remote at the equipment rack.
Sounds like something to check out.
Parker

MarioC

Grip
Bob - you're right the colors were too red. I did adjust them in Photoshop and re-upload them. That's what happens when you start taking pictures after 15 hour day at 2 am. :)
Rob - that's exactly what I'm hoping will happen through the site...help others generate ideas for their theater.
Parker - thanks for the remote info. I think I'll hold out for the new color pronto arriving soon. It's said to have the RF too.
------------------
Mario Cascio
-------------------
My Home Theater

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Mario,
Your home theater looks fantastic!
You room is about the same dimensions as the one I am currently building. I'm still not sure how to best finish the walls and the ceiling in order to get the best acoustics.
Is your ceiling painted drywall? Would a stipled ceiling help limit reflections?
You mentioned texturing the back wall. How about the side walls? Did you use any special sound absorbing materials?
Thanks. Bill

MarioC

Grip
Hi Bill,
Nothing was done physically to enhance the acoustics of the room. I plan to tackle that when I have a dedicated room in my next home.
I don't know too much about the acoustic aspect of the room so I can expand on that.
My ceiling is just painted drywall.
When I was referring to the back wall being textured - It was in regards to the paint. Sorry for the confusion.
Using a flat paint did help the picture and darken the room during movies.
------------------
Mario Cascio
-------------------
My Home Theater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks