What's new

New theater design comments (1 Viewer)

aaron plazma

Auditioning
Im currently building a new house with a dedicated home theater room. Room dimensions are 14'-8" x 20'-4" x 9'. There is a 48" wide soffit in the front with a 24" soffit around the remaining three walls. I currently have a Mits 65819, Denon 3803, panasonic xp30, comcast HD cable, Tivo. I am planning on running a 7.1 setup with 2 rows of seating. I would like to plan on upgrading to a front projector at some point. If I put my TV in the center of the front wall, I have approximately 58" on either side of the TV for front speakers and equipment cabinet. I have the "future" speakers positioned 16" from the TV.
If I build two 23" wide equipment cabinets on both conners fo the front wall, will this leave me with enough room to position front speakers if I upgrade to a projector in the future?
As far as "future" speakers Im looking at Axiom and Paradigm.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
What are the dimensions of the wall itself that you are planning on shooting the picture on to without your current RPTV? Are you planning on keeping the Mits to watch regular TV and then the FPTV to watch movies on?

Parker

aaron plazma

Auditioning
The front wall would be about 134" wide by 96" tall. THat would be between the two cabinets. IM not sure what I would be doing with the mitz. By the time I got a projector, the mitz would probably be phazed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks