What's new

New "Terminator" Transfer Availability (1 Viewer)

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Unless it's an english import, yes, it is just the old crappy disc with new art. Way to tell is the sound on the old is PCM.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Douglas Monce said:
The original mono mix for The Terminator was done very fast on the cheap with stock gun sound effect heard in a thousand TV shows. It was crap in 1984 and its crap now. Even the sound of the laser guns were a modified generic "laser gun" sound effect that you could buy from a sound effects library.
I'm not saying the 5.1 mix is good, just that pining for the mono mix, is kind of like hoping they bring back World War 2 K rations. I suppose the mono mix does have value as a lesson in what NOT to do.
Doug
I'm not going to argue the merits of the different mixes. What I will say that is for those of us that have seen the film dozens of times in the original mono mix, the 5.1 mix can become quite distracting due to the fact that it's so different than what we grew up with. It's kind of like all those remixes of the early ZZ Top albums that we're done in the late 80s. On a technical level, they're superior, but after hearing "La Grange" hundreds of times on the radio prior to that, it just isn't the same when the drums have an 80s sound to them on a record that was made in 1973.
I like new remixes in many films, but there's zero reason why both shouldn't be included in a lossless codec when we're dealing with the massive amount of space and bandwidth offered on the Blu-Ray format.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Remastered BD due in February:

Special Features: said:
**Terminator: A Retrospective

Street Date:

February 19, 2013

Prebook Date:

January 9, 2013

Screen Format:

Widescreen 1.85:1

Audio:

English 5.1 DTS-HD-MA,

Spanish: 5.1 Dolby Digital,

French: DTS 5.1

Subtitles:

English SDH/Spanish/French

U.S. Rating:

R (Restricted Under 17)

Total Run Time:

108 minutes

Closed Captioned:

Yes

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Yeah, I didn't notice that at first. I hereby rescind my proclamation of that being the ticket.
Also: I wonder what cover art they're going to be using, as they've already re-appropriated the new UK edition art for just another release of the old transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks