New Tears for Fears - Sept. 14th

Discussion in 'Music' started by Brian>AM, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Brian>AM

Brian>AM Auditioning

For any Tears for Fears fans out there, the newly reunited Tears will release a cd of all new material on September 14th. There have been some "exclusives" on itunes that sound incredible.

In my opinion, Tears for Fears is one of the most underrated and "forgotten" bands of the 80's - and 90's. Should be a welcome return!

2. CarlP

CarlP Agent

Brilliant album. Plain and simple. Should make many reviewers top 10 album lists.

What exclusives does itunes offer?

NP: Interpol Antics

3. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

It's a good CD but not as good as their previous efforts IMO. I just saw them on Conan and either Leno or Letterman recently and they sang my favorite track "Call Me Mellow." Other standouts are "Killing With Kindness" and the title track. Been a fan for a long time so it's very nice to have some new music to listen to.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i'll probably pick it up. sampled the songs on itunes and like most of them.

my fave song? possibly "woman in chains" - gives me goosebumps everytime i listen to it. [​IMG]

ps, if anyone missed it, 'raoul & the kings of spain' is a great cd. i still play it quite a bit.

5. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

You know when that album first came out I didn't care for that song at all. In the years since it has become one of my favorite TFF songs as well. I can't believe I didn't like it originally. Raoul is indeed a great album even w/o Curt. Has anyone checked out any of the solo work from either Roland or Curt? Roland's solo album starts out with a great track but then falls flat after that. Curt's Soul On Board disc was dull and boring as was his side project Mayfield. It's great that they're together again because their solo efforts are seriously lacking IMO. However the two TFF albums w/o Curt sound quite good. Maybe the name brings with it good fortune. [​IMG]

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

that's what i always thought too. i figured roland was savin' all the good stuff for himself. [​IMG]

7. CarlP

CarlP Agent

Wow, I have to disagree with John...
    Roland's solo album was incredible. Actually, one of my top ten desert island discs. Yes, it is a little out there for some. I appreciate the fact that he didn't use the TFF name so that he could be less restricted, and be VERY creative. A+
    Curts albums, though not great, are still good. Good in the 'easy listening, not taking chances' way. Good top down driving music.