thanks for info david!
:)
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
So now the T2 is in a double Alpha case? I prefer the Gladiator casing with the additional flap for second disc. That is why I much prefer the metal case version. I don't have that slip out problem because this is one DVD I won't let fall to the ground at all!!!
Also, the thick book keeps it in place. :)
P.S: Now Artisan, please be nice and release a Gladiator type casing for Total Recall SE.
wink.gif

"IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLL LA LA LA laaa WHAT...the Baboon....is......cookin".
-The Rock

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
Dual Layered?
It's also known as DVD-9
Able to fit I think 8 hours of content I think or more..something like that.
The disc has two layers, (not two sides) and the laser reads the disc from inner to out, then from out to inner again. So it's back and forth. You usually see a pause in your movie (known as Layer Change) like Face/Off, Saving Private Ryan etc, that is because the laser reached the end of the disc, and thus it starts going in reverse.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
That Amaray style with a second disc on a little flap is all we get in the UK. The only time I see those double alpha ones is on my US imports like Big Trouble in Little China and Die Hard Trilogy.
Ken Seeber: I don't like DVD-10's any more than DVD-18's but it's just that thankfully we are seeing an end to them with the advent of dual layer and non-flippers.
My only one is El Mariachi/Desperado and as this was dirt cheap and is R2 (hence easily replaceable) I am not as bothered.
Double-sided discs are a menace. They *are* easy to dirty, they don't look nice and they are actually (as I understand it) more expensive than a single-sided disc. I certainly seem to remember they were saying as much when MIB was noised as the first DVD-18 - probably not true any more.
My statement about fascination with them wasn't clear. It's the studios who are fascinated. However would you rather have your copy of the White album in a substatial CD case on two CDs or one double-sided CD costing you the same amount of money?
Theo

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Try this: Stick the booklet between the DVD case and the metal slip case. You'll find that the the DVD case will fit in there very nicely. In fact, it works so well, that I think this is how it was meant to be used.

That's how it was packaged.
If you don't like the metal case, just get rid of it. Mine's in the closet.
------------------

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
For those who care, I had placed this on my web site when T2 first came out!
Link Removed
I never have a problem with the metal case now!
Wes

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Is there a link with the picture of the new case? I'm just curious what it looks like. I still see the metal slip case in stores.
Thanks,
Jeff

Rolando

Screenwriter
People find me just too cautious but I never have these kinds of problems because I do not remove original shrink wrap. I cut of the top carefully to follow top rim and voila i can just slip it out from there. But the plastic is still on so it protects the case from grease, wear and finger prints PLUS cannot slip out the bottom. Same for others such as X-files box set etc.
Just my 2 cents.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Wal-Mart this evening and I saw the new T2 cardboard case. It has the same "brushed aluminum" look to it but it's just printed on cardboard. I don't like the way it looks at all.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I'd rather have two discs than a DVD-18. But then, I'd rather have a DVD-18 than two discs in a Gladiator style flap case. Those are a nuiscence; the discs don't stay in place.
I liked the tin cover for the first couple weeks, but then I put it in to storage. Fortunetly, if you had not known, you would never have guessed there was a tin outside when looking at the packaging under the case.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks