New System!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CurtJ, Apr 10, 2002.

1. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased my first HT system and can't wait to hook it all up. I just wanted to see what you guys think of my choices.

HK 320

JBL N26 II-mains

JBL N24 II-surrounds

JBL N-Center II

Adire Rava 10" sub

Toshiba 4700 dvd

BTW I got great prices at Vanns.com They have a price matching option and easily beat all the competitors on the web.

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Looks good! Let us know what YOU think after your all setup![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

Frank,

Nice HT system. It might be a few years before I can afford a set up like that. I plan on making a HT room in 3-4 years when I build a house.

Is there a good way to manage all of the cords in the back of the system, meaning is there a tube or something that the cords can get placed in so it doesnt look so disorganized?

4. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Curt,

I'm sure your HT will be just fine. I waited a long time before I was able to dedicate one room to an HT. I had to make due in a family room, but when the lights were turned down and a good movie was on the tube I didn't care.

I found an electronics warehouse in my town that sold 2" diameter wire loom, just like the black tubing that you can buy at an auto parts store. It looks kind of like a vacuum cleaner hose with slit from end to end. Works great! As a matter of fact you could find some one in your neck of the woods that sells whole house (central) vacuum systems and buy as much tubing as you need.

5. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

curt,

i think certain av racks and tv stands have places to conceal the wires...u might want to look into that

6. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.