New system

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by john charlton, Jul 13, 2005.

1. john charlton

john charlton Auditioning

I just finished a media room it is 20x16. I am looking for a home theater system in the $1,500 to $3,500 range. I have looked at Bose. Wife likes small speakers (surprise). I have the TV, so that is not included in the price. I need dvd player, amp and speakers. I like the 'auto adjust room' feature on several amps. Not really into detail setup. Would like good base, and great highs. When glass breaks it would like to hear crisp sharp cracks and clinks. Looking for recommendations.

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

Well, with the Bose system you won't be getting crisp, sharp highs....but that's OK because you won't be getting much low end depth to make up for it. [​IMG]

If the better half insists on mini speakers, you might want to investigate Orb Audio or Anthony Gallo systems. You will get more speaker for your dollar than with Bose.

The auto setup on Yamaha, Pioneer and Denon receivers works pretty well and if you're not into the SPL meter/test disk route, you'll be pretty pleased.

Good hunting.

Mort

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

John, welcome aboard.

Your thread has been moved from Basics because you are asking for specific model recommendations (please read the red posting atop the Basics area thread-listing page, specifically the last sentence). And since the focus seems to be on speakers in this thread, it is now located here in Speakers/Subs.

4. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

Wow, that's some serious sound pressure level you're going for! [​IMG]

Small speakers, the Infinity box systems have been well regarded, though you'll probably want to upgrade on the subwoofer for the size of your room.