What's new

New system (1 Viewer)

john charlton

Auditioning
I just finished a media room it is 20x16. I am looking for a home theater system in the $1,500 to $3,500 range. I have looked at Bose. Wife likes small speakers (surprise). I have the TV, so that is not included in the price. I need dvd player, amp and speakers. I like the 'auto adjust room' feature on several amps. Not really into detail setup. Would like good base, and great highs. When glass breaks it would like to hear crisp sharp cracks and clinks. Looking for recommendations.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Well, with the Bose system you won't be getting crisp, sharp highs....but that's OK because you won't be getting much low end depth to make up for it. ;)

If the better half insists on mini speakers, you might want to investigate Orb Audio or Anthony Gallo systems. You will get more speaker for your dollar than with Bose.

The auto setup on Yamaha, Pioneer and Denon receivers works pretty well and if you're not into the SPL meter/test disk route, you'll be pretty pleased.

Good hunting.

Mort

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
John, welcome aboard.

Your thread has been moved from Basics because you are asking for specific model recommendations (please read the red posting atop the Basics area thread-listing page, specifically the last sentence). And since the focus seems to be on speakers in this thread, it is now located here in Speakers/Subs.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Wow, that's some serious sound pressure level you're going for! :)

Small speakers, the Infinity box systems have been well regarded, though you'll probably want to upgrade on the subwoofer for the size of your room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks