New SVS review

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Wilmore, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Joe Wilmore

Joe Wilmore Stunt Coordinator

There is a shootout between the VTF-3, an Axiom sub and the 25-31 PCI at ecoustics.com. You can tell from the thread title who won.

2. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

The face-off was with the PCI to I see. I wonder how the PCI + or the Ultra would have done. Myself being basically 100% HT, I would say the SVS would fair well. I have been contemplating trying out a SVS with what I have now?

4. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

I am buying the 25-31PC+ for a family member for Christmas. I can't wait to get it next to the VTF3 and see what happens!I hope it doesn't blow my VTF3 away...my gut tells me it might...

5. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Mike:

The 25-31PC+ won't dig any deeper than the 25-31PCi, it will just play even louder.

The review scored the biggest win for the VTF-3 on extension; the 25-31PCi already bested it in SPL, so a 25-31PC+ will simply be more of the same.

Point is, why don't you go for the 20-39PC+ and get similar extension to the VTF-3 and still be safe with the knowledge that it will in all likelihood still better the VTF-3 in sheer output?

Ed

6. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton

7. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

Mike it wont blow your VTF-3 away but it might sway you into being an indian giver and taking back the 25-31PC+ from your family member and giving them your VTF-3. [​IMG]

8. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

>>>The 25-31PC+ won't dig any deeper than the 25-31PCi, it will just play even louder.

9. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Duh........I knew that - brain cramp. Any PC+ is tunable with the port plugs and SS filter........thanks for setting the record straight, Tom. Sorry for the misleading statement.

Regards,

Ed

10. Tom Vodhanel

>>>Duh........I knew that - brain cramp. Any PC+ is tunable with the port plugs and SS filter........thanks for setting the record straight, Tom. Sorry for the misleading statement.

11. Tom Grooms

Tom Grooms Second Unit

Dont tease us Tom. Nevermind, give us a hint. [​IMG]

12. Tom Vodhanel

Hi Tom,
    After we had a slight(couple week) delay on the PC+ introduction---we don't want take a chance on that again so we are going to wait until we are 100% sure all component suppliers are on board before we make any offical annoucements. Just making sure we haven't run out of a single component all during the dock worker strike took a lot of time and effort [​IMG]. We don't want to introduce a new *product* and then tell you it might not be available for 6-9 months because a boat didn't get unloaded as fast as we wanted.
    We are in the 99% area now though and fully expect to have the last 1% on baord within 2 weeks,maybe 1 week. So the SVS news page should be singing soon...
    Tom V.
    SVS

13. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Holding tight aren't you Tom. MMMM--- what could it be? I don't think a 15" driver is on the boards? I sure as heck wish it was. I know! A Ultra + ? A Ultra + with the amp on-board? A little computer sub the size of a gallon jug?

14. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

"A little computer sub the size of a gallon jug? "

i want it! seriously.

15. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

I want a mini water heater/ 15 inch tub sub.

16. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

I'd love a mini SVS for computer use. But what would we use for satellites?

17. Tom Vodhanel

I really don't see SVS trying to do a mini/computer unit anytime soon. You can get that whole Klipsch 4.1(4 speakers and the powered subwoofer) for $149 direct from Klipsch(b stock) though---not a bad package.

15s?

Been building,measuring,rebuilding and remeasuring for the better part of a year now. I think I've tried about a dozen drivers total--with so many mods to each driver I lost count. Maybe something will come out of it in 2003....I definitely have a couple designs I would consider damn good performers in that arena now. But nothing I would considered finalized.

TV

18. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

How about a 16-46 with two TV-12 drivers on board!

19. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Are U guys (SVS) coming out with a LT based sub (thus getting a smaller size subs for those poor guys who have to battle the WAF for each hometheater upgrade)? With the new drivers I've seen at Stryke and Adire (not including the 1203 from Blueprint as well as the driver in your Ultra brand) I'm somewhat amazed that you guys don't "shrink" a little to tap into another market (plus I trust you guys more than some other brands just from the fact you recommend on other brands because some can't fit yours because either they're from a country other than USA {thus get charged a mark-up tax on foreign goods} or the WAF).

20. Eric C D

Eric C D Second Unit

Hey Steve nn, Tom said something to make you go "Hmmmm." Or rather, it's not what he said, but what he didn't say!

You mentioned three ideas, and he refuted two of them (or at least put off the 15" until next year). But he didn't say No to the PC Ultra.

Woo Hoo!

Eric