New SVS PC driver in recent purchases?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisDixon, Feb 27, 2002.

1. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

I read on the SVS web site that they have been "sneaking" the new PCi driver into the PC orders starting in December. Is there any way to verify this? Mine was delivered in early January (I was the HTF contest runner-up) and got a 16-46PC. I posted a brief review with my initial reactions back then, but I will be posting a longer-term review shortly, and I'd like to know which driver is in there.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Hi Chris, if your seriel number(on the bottom of the baseplate) is 120 or higher you should have the new driver.

TV

3. Daniel Mai

Daniel Mai Stunt Coordinator

Hi Tom,
    Like Chris, I just bought my 20-39PC at the end of January and I know it has the new driver. But between the new PCi and Group Buy at HTSpot, you're making it difficult for me as I'm still in my 45 days trial period. Please check your email [​IMG] . Thanks!

4. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

The magic number on mine is 125. This is like the gift that keeps on giving. I'm tempted to open it up and see if there is another prize inside. DVDs maybe? [​IMG]
    Chris

5. Dan Steffen

Dan Steffen Stunt Coordinator

Its actually easier than flipping the sub to see the serial number. All you really have to do is get a flash light and point it down the port of the sub. If it is shiny, its the new driver, if it is dark, its the old driver