What's new

New SVS owner wondering just how far he can push it... (1 Viewer)

KeithY

Stunt Coordinator
I've pushed my PB2+ hard many times(3db hot and
unconvetional tuning)and I get pressure headaches long
before the sub even thinks of breaking a sweat. I've made
a demo disc with every bass heavy scene I own and after an
hour of beating my senses I'm the one who is numb not the sub.

Doug Clark

Grip
Hrmm... don't have anything to compare my DVE disc to at the moment.

My DVE disc was purchased from amazon.com at the beginning of February. Whatever that's worth.

And for those who are concerned, I still haven't done anything drastic with the sub, yet. *L*

I'm guessing it's the mastering on the discs that's causing me such a headache... (and before I start, please note that my receiver's volume dial reads -18.5db at reference) but to me, Titan AE DTS starts to make me antsy at -38db on the dial. With Matrix Reloaded, though, I feel like I need to crank it to -27db or so before I'm impressed. With SWII, I'm wowed and satisfied at -33db.

Adding the sub to the mix is definitely great-- but it also tossed in all kinds of variables I'm not used to. With just the 5.0 speaker setup, it seemed that everything sounded loud enough and good enough (though minus extreme bass) at a fairly constant -35db on my dial.

And of course, music is a whole 'nother ballgame... *L* Was playing some newer hip-hop through the DVD player, and there was little "thump" as expected. I know that an SVS doesn't "boom," but there seemed to be little of anything at all. It wasn't until I turned the gain up on the sub to a little past halfway that I started to grin a little.

One more question-- if the sub bottoms, what is the driver hitting? Something inside, or the baseplate?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks