What's new

New Surround Sug.'s for Pro Tower 400's (1 Viewer)

Little*John

Auditioning
I've been lurking around here for months now and have really enjoyed all the discussions. It's time to get involved.

I have a set of Def Tech Pro Tower 400's that are about 3 yrs old. I have no complaints and really like them. Are these speakers good as a base for home theater?

I have never owned a center channel or surrounds and really need to complete my system. My questions is:
Should I purchase(2) Pro Monitors and a C2 from Def Tech, or purchase another manufacturers equivalent? Pro's/Cons?
I have about $600-700 for a budget.

I will be mounting these to the ceiling, so size does matter. I'm open to any suggestions, including selling the Pro Towers and getting an entire new speaker set-up.

I'm using a Denon AVR-1801 receiver if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alvin Lau

Agent
I'm using a pair of ProTower 400s as my front mains, along with a DefTech C/L/R 2000 as my center speaker, a PF18TL for LFE and a pair of BPXs as my surround speakers. I love the way everything sounds and I can't think of a better system for the price I paid.
If you like your ProTowers, get some matching DefTech speakers for the center and surround channels and enjoy the experience. :)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You really want to have all 3 front speakers tone-matched. So you should either:

- buy 3 new matching front speakers and move the 400's to the rears. (3 identical monitor style speakers work great).

- buy one of the matching center channel speakers from DefTech.

My personal favorite speaker in the world is the DefTech CLR 2002. This speaker brought out sounds that other sets did not. It might be a bit pricy for your budget, but try eBay.

But you really want to maintain tone-match on all front 3 speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks