What's new

New surround sound system.Need some ideas (1 Viewer)

John_Yanotka

Agent
I am moving into a new apartment.It is a 2 bedroom,1.5 bathroom unit.Its about 920 sq feet. I want to do a surround sound system. I already have the new 60" Sony SXRD. I need to purchase receiver,dvd player and speakers. Can I get some ideas on what to look at? I will use the system for dvd's, music,and videogaming.I am not on any type of budget and have the money to spend.Since this is an apartment,I do not want to go and put holes in the wall to mount speakers,so I am going to place everything on stands.Thanks for the info.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

In the world of surround sound.....everyone has a budget. If you do not give us a $ amount then you will see recommendations from $600 to &60,000. In order for people to help you we need a $ range and the size of the SPACE the system will be going in. What systems have you heard and liked? Do you like something that is neurtal or laid back or more in you face? Do you want something super simple to set up? What kind of music do you like? Do you entertain a lot? Does the look of the speakers matter to you (ie. real wood finish or black boxes)? A lot goes into making this decision....I am not trying to be rude but it is not as simple as saying...I want a surround sounds system....I don't care about money...what should I get.........

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
if i had unlimited funds like you claim to i would a consultant who would bring you to a electronics store to listen to different systems, and see what you like. and he would setup and install it all for you and you could sit back and relax and watch movies on your if i do say so my self "sick" TV.

Shane Harg

Second Unit
Here, here. Like Evan said, you need to at least put a cap on the dollar amount and give us a bit more info to work with. In addition to what Evan asked for, will the system be going into a house eventually, or are you an eternal apartment dweller?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks