What's new

New Superbits from Columbia (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Since the differences superbit offers are only seen by a person with high end equipment why don't they ditch the full bit rate dd track, replace it with a minimum bit rate dd 2.0 track and give us a full bit rate dts. I think the reason they don't do this is because they're not just marketing this to those with hdtv ready sets. They want people with 32 in 4x3 televisions and sub $200 dvd players to think that the superbit release will give them an increase in picture quality.

Blackhawk Down is a movie itching for the Superbit treatment but there is also a SE coming. Why can't the superbit include animated menus and a commentary track as long as the rest of the extras are on the 2nd disc? Some shorter Superbit movies don't use all disc space from what I understand. Having two 5.1 tracks has a much bigger impact on the amount of bandwith that can be allocated towards video. A mono dd track can't take that much away.

I won't be surprised if there are two more releases of bhd. If the video on the 2 disc SE is inferior to a Superbit its because they did not put in the same level of effort. The only excuse I could think of is if BHD includes multiple commentaries and isolated score. Spiderman will also be an interesting release to watch as it was under 2 hrs.

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
Resident Evil ... yessss!:)
I asked about this a couple of weeks ago and everyone said it wouldn't happen.
neener neener neener:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks