What's new

New SUPERBITS from Columbia (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
The Big Hit and Vertical Limit are the next two Superbit titles coming from Columbia.
Both are due March 19th.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Count me in for the Big Hit. Its one of those movies you like to watch over and over. Vertical limit ill stick with the one i have

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Big Hit and Vertical Limit are the next two Superbit titles coming from Columbia.
No offense but if that's the best Columbia can come up with then they're saving me some money for not having to buy those two releases.

Crawdaddy

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll definitely buy The Big Hit superbit. This movie was a big guilty pleasure for me.
I still have to see Vertical Limit. I'll rent it first

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
The Big Hit? I love the movie, but the existing disc is not that bad. Plus, the movie is 91 minutes long! At 91 minutes, the Superbit version better damn sure peg out the meter!

Vertical Limit? That's a very recent release and they did a pretty killer job on that disc the first time out. I don't know how they could improve the transfer, and the DD5.1 track on that was outstanding.

Is any of this confirmed? Because these both seem like odd choices...

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
I'm anxiously awaiting the Superbit versions of Hudson Hawk, Idle Hands & Shakes the Clown
With classic Gilliam titles like The Fisher King & The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, fantasy/sci-fi fun fests like The City of Lost Children & Starship Troopers and a modern noir twister like Memento in their catalog- they give us The Big Hit & Vertical Limit?
Their marketing strategy eludes me...
Jimmy
*Edited for spelling- I'm so dumbfounded by this announcement I can't spell straight...*

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
what about Mike Nichol's Wolf ???? I mean, what the hell? IMO, these two new titles are a waste of time, considering what could be released

RobR

Second Unit
Two more movies that I don't care for. When are they going to start releasing time-honored, critically-acclaimed films on Superbits?

HenrikTull

Second Unit
I certainly agree on Run Lola Run.

By picking The Big Hit and Vertical Limit it almost sounds as if Columbia wants Superbit to fail... Too bad.

Hope they release the Last Action Hero: Superbit before it all comes to an end though.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess I can open my sealed copy of The Patriot as it looks as if it's not coming any time soon as a Superbit title.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Superbit is a joke.
If they're gonna scam the public, how about scamming them with titles that are actually good?
Gattaca is the only quality film they've released in Superbit - but the improvement wasn't enough to warrant selling off my more-than-adequate copy, just to pay more for the new version.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
The Big Hit is an OK movie, but in it's current incarnation it can be had for under 10 bucks shipped to your house (DDD). The Superbit on this title seems like another attempt to reuse an existing transfer and add a DTS track from an exisiting master, to double the price the enthusiasts pay for a disc.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks