New subwoofer suggestions

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by danCC, Jun 6, 2006.

1. danCC

danCC Auditioning

I have been looking on Ebay for a 10" powered subwoofer, the three that I have been looking at are the Jensen JPS10, (and yeah I know there's a big difference in price and quality) and a Velodyne DPS-10, and the Klipsch KSW 10.

The room that this is going to be in is only 12' x 16' opening into the kitchen, so a ten inch should be enough, by question is which of these would you choose, and if you had an alternative what would that be.

I'm still out on the other five speakers for this system, I have a Samsung HT-SK6 receiver that I will be using, and no I didn't get the Klipsch speakers with the deal, it was a demo one year old for $62.00 delivered. I would be open to suggestions for the other speakers.

2. BrianNorman

BrianNorman Extra

i would go for the velodyne imo i am going to get a velodyne to replace my current sub within the month, i am just waiting to see a price list from my friend. i have roughly a same size room, i was going to either look at the b+w asw 650 or 600, but i am opting for the velodyne becuase they have a little better sound quailty for movies over the b+w which are mainly made for over half music listening. hope this helps.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Kind of need to know what budget you're working with.