What's new

new Subwoofer Simulator (1 Viewer)

VinhT

Second Unit
Awesome programs Isaac! Just curious, what is the response measurement software that is supposed to be used in conjunction with the crossover simulator by producing .FRD files?

Vinh

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave, Vinh :)
I promise to put box drawings on each box window so users wouldn't have to look at the manual or my webpage to know which enclosure is which :D Adding the above-mentioned last features would have only taken a night or two, but just a while ago I was playing around with my first prototype automatic enclosure optimization proceedures. I'm happy to announce that the solution works, but more testing needs to be done... so because of this it might be a few more days before I release the (finished) updated version.
Vinh, any software will do so long as it can write data in the following format:
frequency magnitude phase
20 90 45
21 89 46
Most programs out there support the FRD file format actually.
Isaac

Real Name
Janne Ahonen
Good work, Isaac!

As I am involved with WinISD pro, I realize how much work is required to produce decent software.

However, I noticed small problem, because we use comma instead of full stop as a decimal separator around here in Finland, so I had to fix the input fields before getting any plots.

Also, does subwoofer simulator show RMS, peak or peak-to-peak values for cone excursion or velocity plots?

Regards,

Janne

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Janne, tell me about it! :D
The user-interface, and the funcionality/behaviour of which, was a killer! (Well at least that's true for a newbie like myself) But I think you'll agree with me that the challenge of implementing ideas is what keeps us awake until 3am :D
Those are peak velocity and peak excursion plots btw. I noticed that the port velocity/excursion plots don't change when using two or more ports, so I have to fix that (to display plots for each port). There are a few more finishing touches to be done, minor ones I think.
Sorry about the decimal separator, according to Builder's helpfile, this is due to Windows' Regional settings. Either I have missed it or there is no one function/procedure for handling both decimal separators. I'll look on the problem some more :)
best regards,
Isaac

Real Name
Janne Ahonen
Isaac,
It is very unfortunate, that I already completed my B.Sc. (EE) degree for some time ago. It is now very rare occasions when I can indeed do those "3am" days.. Ah those days.. :D
I'll make more detailed tour to subwoofer simulator and I'll mail my findings directly to you. Maybe we can exchange some ideas about box simulation details :)
Regards,
Janne

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Janne :)
:D :D But I'm sure I won't be able to reciprocate the much more expert knowledge you would share with me 'cause I've only completed my first year of EE :b (and that was back in 1998... to be continued next year, hopefully). :D :D
I haven't even tried solving the inverse Laplace Transform of Small's vented-box model -- too many partial fractions (I could be wrong), which is why I can't include impulse, step and tone-burst response curves in my simulator. It can be done numerically, but I'm not yet confident of my iFFT code. :frowning:
Isaac

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks