new Subwoofer < $400

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve & Karen, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Steve & Karen

Steve & Karen Stunt Coordinator

What would folks reccomend in the way of a Subwoofer list price new of under $400...?

Steve

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  3. Max Malloy

Max Malloy Stunt Coordinator

SVS for sure! Grab this one for $329 and then an amp for $150 or so. That's a bit over your budget, but the quality is well worth it. And if you can afford to spend a little more, consider going up to the 29-39CS... or the PCi.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    For SVS, if you're going to spend $480, you might as well just get the 25-31 PCi for $499 complete. I can definitely recommend SVS also, but we are talking about room vibrating, heavy duty sub and that may not be what you are looking for. The 25-31PCi is simply shocking [​IMG] (that's a good thing [​IMG] ) What is the application? Movies/music %, serious rumbling or just to fill out the bottom octave? Size of room?

5. Max Malloy

Max Malloy Stunt Coordinator

Yeah that's the way it is with HT. the 39 is just 50 bucks more than the 31, so why not go with that? And since you've already spent that much, might as well add another 50 and go for the best PCi. And then before you know it, you're spending $700 instead of $400. Plus taxes, and you just doubled your budget. That easy! [​IMG] That's what happened to me when i was shopping for a receiver. First it was Denon 1802, then 2802, then i said f*** it and bought the 3802, which costs as much as two 1802's. [​IMG]