What's new

New Sub workout DVD ... K-19 !!! (1 Viewer)

JackIR

Stunt Coordinator
If you thought LOTR gave your sub a run for its money, try the new DVD release K-19. There are many good sub scenes but I really like chapter 5 at about 37:00. When the submarine passes in front of you it takes your subwoofer to the limit for about 10 secs. My SVS Ultra was pumping so much air from its top I thought there was a fan inside.

Ted Ross

Second Unit
Yeah ,I was impressed as well. Also, try the "stun gun" scene in Minority Report -it blew me away-I do run my subs +8db over reference, though.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Wierd... I remember being very UNimpressed by K-19's sound, especially in the bass department. My 20-39CS+ didn't even come close to its limits with that movie. May have to watch it again and see. Then again, I'm running mine EQ'd for flat response and dead at reference level (no room curve), so maybe that's why K19 did nothing for me.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Arn't the stun guns actually vomit sticks? heh

As for K19, it had incredible (chest pounding) bass during the rocket lift off scene, the scene when it was breaking the ice, and during the submarine passes. I remember this from the movie theaters which was a JBL THX Imax.

However, I do not remember any bass from minority report when I saw that in theaters. Guess I'll have to check out the dvd some time soon.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I can't say I came close to any limits but I found K-19 to have plenty of bass inventory. I do run a stack though with each sub calibrated +2db individually. That puts me at +8 with both running.{6db boost with duel subs} Jack I think I remember the scene you speak of and it felt good.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Chris Minority report has some great bass imo. You know I think most movies do now. Sure is allot different than a few years ago. They seem to be really pumping in the LFE into the .1 now. They better keep it up to.:emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Walbert

Stunt Coordinator
Slightly off-topic, but I am looking forward to experiencing the Horn of Helms Deep in TTT when it is released on DVD. Seems to me that such a massive and powerful horn should be given the proper bass it deserves -- deep into the subsonic range and at high db levels. Hopefully New Line will do that right, and cause many upset customers when their subs again bottom out :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I second K-19 as a great sub workout DVD. I had to check and make sure the house wouldn't fall down while I watched it. ;) Great bass throughout the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks