What's new

New Studio Tool Expected to Bring More Super Audio Titles (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

The way I see it is more from the perspective of a DSD FANATIC who bends each and every bit of data into proDSD/SACD rhetoric. I don't mean to be rude, but face it, Lee, you are ALWAYS waving the SACD flag and trying to paint everything with a positive brush, even when it is far from reality.
I see no reason why there should be any apology, you got called on trying to make more of this software development than it is with misleading comments and are trying to backpedal. This plugin, assuming it works, will not advance the DSD cause in a meaningful way. Will it mean more SACD titles? Perhaps, but they are still originating in PCM land. Until there is a fully functional, multitrack, DSD end to end system, we can look forward to transcodes of PCM recordings, upsampled to fake hi rez.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Lee,

A mistake is when you make an error in a post. Deliberate misrepresentation is when you continue to perpetuate that error across numerous posts even though it has been pointed out to you on more than one occasion, by multiple individuals.

Why should I apologize for your misleading, mistaken posts? You're still wrong, and no one knows what impact this plugin will have in the hi-res marketplace. It will take at least a year, and possibly much longer for information (with respect to this plugins use) to come out of this product announcement. Until then, it's nothing more than conversation fodder.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Lee, facts are facts. I don't think anyone here is attacking you personally. There is nothing wrong with being a cheerleader. Cheerleading do an extreme along the lines of Jeff's comments are what causes problems that people have with some things that you may state. There is good and bad in everything. There seems to be a recurring theme to that end such as here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=2

where I stated (trying to do my very best to sincerely give good advice to you):

"I honestly think you should take a hard look at what you write. How many times have you been asked if you work for Sony? Do you understand why people write that?"

I've said it before that on a board of this type which is made up of home theater enthusiasts one is more likely to find more pro-DVD-A people. DVD-A is trying to piggy-back off the success of DVD-V with added extra content. SACD is trying to market itself more towards the older audiophile crowd in general vs. DVD-A. So when one is making some over-the-top comments about SACD all the time, it is going to rub some the wrong way. I have no problem with people cheerleading about anything. I look at a site like this to learn things about hardware and software. I learned today "Cocoon" came out on DVD-V and I just picked it up.

I do appreciate people like you who initiate more posts than most of us since it provides information on new products. I just think you need to shoot a little less from the hip and think about what you write. It's not at all personal attacks or that people are anti-SACD. We have gone through it before as well with similar results that I was somehow anti-SACD. With 150 SACDs and a mod to my main player that may be more than some spend on their whole system I am certainly not anti-SACD. I love the format. It is just that perhaps my glasses are not as rose tinted and I think (anyone can chime in - I won't take it as a personal attack) I try to be objective and while I do make mistakes, I try to always be factual.

We enough said, I'm going out to have my favorite beer - Geritol Light. Everyone should lighten up a bit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks