What's new

New Stephen King CE's from Paramount (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

For petes sake! I can't win on this Furshlunginger forum! Should I just keep my pants off so you guys can have easier access to kick me in the balls over this stuff? You should of noticed that I did sloppily type Dead Zone with 2 capitol letters in the first part of the sentance, surely 2negatives make a positive and you can let it go? ;)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Will definitely pick up SEs of "The Dead Zone" and "Pet Semetary." As for "Cujo", I dunno. I don't think I've seen that one since I was a kid.

Disappointed no "Student Bodies" yet. C'mon Paramount. also, can we get "The Monster Squad" before we die of old age?

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
If "Pet Semetary" contains the MPAA cut footage, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, though I seriously doubt Paramount would even consider it!

And as for waiting for Saul Bass' "Phase IV" I gave up waiting last year and ripped my pristine VHS to dvdr. Your loss Paramount...

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator

IIRC in a Fangoria interview with Mary Lambert at the time of the film US theatrical release, she wasn't impressed with the interference the MPAA caused.
Large chunks of the child falling around and being man handled while holding a scapel, Fred Gwyne's demise, details of a truck accident, and a longer necrophilic embrace, amongest other edits hit the cutting room floor thanks to the MPAA.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Simon. I have not seen the film, though has intrigued me over the years. George Romero was set to direct, originally, but pulled out. An unrated uncut version would be viable today, surely. Were foreign prints cut?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I've seen the German cinema version, UK VHS and German DVD, and they're all identical to the US cut, so I'd say yes.

An unrated cut would be great, but this being Paramount I somewhat doubt it.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I too have seen the German theatrical (in Stuttgart), UK video, French video and Greek video. They're all the same content wise.
I'm sure if the Japanese release was longer I/we'd have heard about it...

Joe:C

Second Unit
I'll probably get all three. Isn't there supposed to be another release of The Stand later this year?

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
How many of these will actually be released? Paramount has been announcing titles and pulling them pretty much all year. Bugsy Malone, Lewis and Martin collection, the Republic Noirs, Julius Caesar etc. have been pulled from the schedule.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
None of them probably will get cancelled since they fall under "re-releases of titles already on DVD". It's just one of 3 things Paramount actually releasing - "re-releases of titles already on DVD", "TV Shows" and "New films". I'm more worried about Let's Scare Jessica to Death.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks