New Stephen King CE's from Paramount

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Justin_S, May 21, 2006.

1. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

DavisDVD is reporting that Paramount will be releasing CE's of Cujo, The Dead Zone, and Pet Sematary come September.

The upside: I've been waiting a long time for a properly done DVD of Cujo (the Artisan disc is anything but), and any Cronenberg SE is something to look forward to.

The downside: I'm VERY disappointed to have to go yet another year without Phase IV, The Sender, Student Bodies, The Keep, Four Flies on Grey Velvet, and White Dog. Paramount really needs to get on the ball with their horror catalog titles.

Anyway, I'll definitely be picking up the Cujo and The Dead Zone CE's.

2. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Awesome - thanks for posting that. The Dead Zone really deserves better treatment. Walken is amazing as Johnny Smith.

To this day, Pet Semetary creeps me out like no other horror movie -even though it is a severely flawed adaptation of the book.

3. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I like Pet Sematary, but I don't know if I'd double dip on it. Depends on what all they include on the disc I suppose.

4. GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh Supporting Actor

Gregory Mesh
    Hooray for Paramount!!!! For every new release of a cataloge title - 6 re-releases!!!!

5. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Perhaps after they re-re-release F13 and their other horror titles they can get around to the "new to DVD" titles like Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, The Skull and various others.

6. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

"The ice is gonna break!!!!"

7. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Any word on HD versions?

8. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Dead Zone SE = Thank You Paramount!!!!

I knew there was a reason I've somehow always kept myself from buying the current edition of one of my all time favorites.

9. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I love The Dead Zone. The current transfer is excellent, so it will be interesting to see what Paramount do there. It has to have a Cronenberg commentary and some kind of input from Walken. Hey, is King himself going to participate in this releases?

As good as this news is, though, I am still disappointed that Phase IV, The Keep, Robinson Crusoe on Mars, Reds, Ace in the Hole, The Conformist, The African Queen, The Skull, Crack in the World, The Friends of Eddie Coyle, Highway 61 and If.... have yet to released.

10. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

It is disappointing that Paramount has not been releasing many films from its catalogue this year, but instead doing re-issues. In addition to the films you mentioned they have Looking For Mr. Goodbar, Summer & Smoke, Citizen's Band, Love with the Proper Stranger, King of the Gypsies to name a few more.

11. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

and where is AMERICAN HOT WAX, FRIENDS, PAUL AND MICHELLE, SEPARATE PEACE, FRENCH POSTCARDS, FEAR IS THE KEY, CHILD'S PLAY, BADGE 373, THE OUTSIDER, RIVER RAT, STERILE CUCKOO, ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH, 1900, THE DOVE, HANNIE CAULDER, ZPG, PIED PIPER, POSSESSION OF JOEL DELANEY, TR BASKINS, LITTLE FAUSS AND BIG HALSEY etc?

Interesting they are doing a new CUJO disc, as it was previously with Artisan. Hopefully they will do ore with the Republic library, like BOOGENS, MONSTER SQUAD, etc.

12. Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K Second Unit

And:

MANDINGO
    THE APPRENTICESHIP OF DUDDY KRAVITZ
    SUNBURN
    SERIAL
    WON TON TON: THE DOG WHO SAVED HOLLYWOOD (I may be the only one who wants this title)

13. Robin_B

Robin_B Stunt Coordinator

I was going to say the same thing. For the age of the movie I think the current DVD is just fine. I doubt there's any extra features that would make me want to buy this DVD again.

14. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    I'm not sure if I'll double-dip on Dead Zone and Pet Semetary. Probably not, since September will most likely be "Kubrick month" from Warner, and my budget is somewhat limited. [​IMG] But the annoucement of Cujo really made my day. I've held out on it for so long because it's never been released in widescreen (the German and UK releases are just as bad as the R1), but since Paramount owns it now (I had no idea!) I have high hopes.

15. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I"m ecstatic about "Cujo". I kept hearing about how bad the DVD was, so I refrained from buying it. My girlfriend has never seen it so I was planning to resort to my VHS copy for our annual Halloween Horror Movie Night. Now assuming this is released in its OAR, I'll definitely be getting this. Ditto for Pet Semetary.

16. Travis Brashear

Travis Brashear Screenwriter

Though I'm very excited (especially about CUJO, for which I'd nearly given up on ever seeing a respectable release), my excitement is moderated by the sad likelihood that these so-called Special Collector's Editions still won't feature trailers... [​IMG]

17. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Does the home video world really need a Special Edition of Pet Sematary?

I mean, I own the original disc, I guess it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure (even though I don't really like the movie very much and haven't watched the DVD in a few years)... but what are we really gonna benefit from a S.E. of these titles?

Does anyone care about whatever extras might be included on a film like this anyway?

18. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

Jeez, I just ordered The Dead Zone from Amazon.com last night.

19. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'll snap up DEad Zone and Pet Cemetary. Not sure about Cujo as I never really warmed to that film. If the price is right, maybe.

20. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    Now this is a first, spelling a word correctly on the internet when it's supposed to be spelled incorrectly.