What's new

Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Robert. So much for the countdown clock from the CBS email. I must have done the math wrong to think it went live at 5:00pm PST.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It went live at 12:01 AM PST (3 AM Eastern). Except in Canada, who have to wait for a broadcast tonight.

12:01 the launch day of any streaming show should be the correct way of airing. I never understood why Discovery aired in a "time slot" initially. Streaming isn't cable TV.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Loved the first episode. Stewart is as commanding a presence as we'd expect, but he is so good here.

Also, Isa Briones is tremendously good in this.

I don't want to post anything that's a spoiler, so I will leave it at that, except to say I was very happy after seeing the first installment.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, don't believe any so-called spoilers you find out in the wild, because most of them are probably from jerkoffs looking to stir people up.
It actually came from a close friend of mine -- can't really tell if he was joking or not, and he hasn't responded yet to my clarification-query. Also, other past franchises have seemingly "killed" off leading cast-members offscreen, only to reveal them being alive down the road, so I thought this could theoretically be a case of Picard believing those characters KIA or something similar in the series-premiere.

Didn't EW just show how worthless and untrustworthy they were with some to-do over a Witcher review?
Yeah, Darren Franich, ladies and gentlemen. He's been accused several times of not only writing deliberately-contrarian, edgelord reviews which cut against the prevailing critical sentiment, but also of purposely skipping over episodes of various shows prior to writing a final cumulative season-review. As one website puts it (regarding his assessment of Netflix's The Witcher):

Franich writes that he watched episode one and then "because life's too short for Netflix drama running times, I skipped ahead to the fifth episode." After episode five, Franich stopped watching the show and finishes the review with an assumption about what will happen in the season finale that he didn’t watch.
...He's full of horseshit, basically, is the moral of the story, here.

Last edited:

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I will pass on this series and wait till I can see it on Netflix. What I am reading is not making me excited about this series so I am not that eager to see it. Not enough to pay for it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
EW isn’t exactly a legitimate journalistic publication anymore. They laid off their professional reviewers years ago and now rely on bloggers with no formal training or expertise for the bulk of their reviews. I don’t even bother reading anymore. If they can’t be bothered to hire professional writers, I can’t be bothered to spend my time on their clickbait.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I will pass on this series and wait till I can see it on Netflix. What I am reading is not making me excited about this series so I am not that eager to see it. Not enough to pay for it.

I -might- pay for it but no way am I paying for streaming with ads. I have no idea who would pay to do that, nobody on my timelines are posting about any of those services.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You don’t have to watch it with ads. CBS offers both an ad and an ad-free version of the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks